Friday, January 24, 2020

evolution of technology edtech1

2nd Week
January  18 2020


Looking back…I remember when I was in elementary there is always a cartolina, manila paper, pentel pen, chalk and eraser in our classroom I can say that this is our daily lesson  routine. There’s always visual aid  provided us to see and learn in an easier way and I salute my teacher for their efforts but what happen now is gradually disappearing the way  I learn before from my young school days. What is the trend today for learning?



Last time we discuss about concepts and terms related to technology for teaching on learning. Where there are so many forms of technology that can be applied in teaching. It means we have more access to education to deliver quality learning and teaching. I read some article how this information and communications  technology  (ICT) was applied in education. The United Nations Educational Scientific and  Cultural Organization  (UNESCO) takes the initiative to integrate ICT into education and make sure the equity and access in education. One of the developing country like Africa benefits the ICT in education. In 1960’s  they started television  and radio to reach the  traditional classroom. As this technology rapidly evolving they widely used this to entire country. In 1990’s there is a massive used of computer into the schools?  Through the effort of their supports they have the project called (OLPC) or  One Laptop Per Child which had distributed over 2.4 million laptops nearly 2 million to teacher and students. Its very amazing that through the effort of  everyone and their love for education they can contribute their money and their effort to pursuit quality education. There some evidence that ICT is very effective in learning and teaching but without the proper application pedagogy it cannot be utilize the potential of this technology.

References:

 Blackwell, C.K., Lauricella, A.R. and Wartella, E., 2014. Factors influencing digital technology use in early childhood education. Computers & Education, 77, pp.82-90.

No comments:

Post a Comment